Thursday, May 24, 2007

Running the Dams in Massachusetts

A few days ago I graduated from the New River Academy with a three other senior classmates. This means I’M OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL! I am beginning a summer with a lot more responsibility and work but a lot more fun at the same time. And I’m leaving behind the carefree years of knowing exactly where I will be in the near future. During my last few days attending the New River Academy I hit up some incredible spots. The most exciting being Great Falls of the Potomac River. There are two drops that we ran. The first was in the middle of the falls and was called grace under pressure and the other was on far river left but I don’t know the name of the rapid. Both lines were super fun and get your blood pumping.

After graduation I took a 14 hour ride back to Massachusetts where I slept for a large amount of time and woke up ready to go kayaking. I checked the gauges and nothing was running so I headed over to our local fish ladder which I know always has some water going down it. Once I ran that I headed back to my house which is five minutes away and spent the rest of the day on my trampoline which I sorely missed. Hope everyone is doing well.


Check out the Dam Video


Paddle Hard,
Tino

Tino Specht Clean Blunting off the lip.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Man that looks like a lot of fun. Blunting off a big slide thing, wow. If that's not crazy, I'm not sure what is. Your little dance was probably my favorite part =P